March 3rd - 11th
Base Package starts at $799 and includes:
* Round trip coach seating on the Amtrak "Empire Builder" train between Minneapolis and Whitefish, Montana
* 6 nights lodging at the Hibernation House Lodge (double occupancy) at Whitefish Resort.
* 4 out of 6 day lift pass.
* Welcome reception at Whitefish Resort.
* All transfers (E.C - MSP and Whitefish - Resort)
Available OPTIONS -
- Upgrade to "roomette" on the train (current pricing is $450 pp double occupancy)
- Upgrade to "Morning Eagle / Kintla Condominiums ($224 pp quad occupancy)
- 5th day lift pass add on ($47)
- Fernie Day Trip" option ($140)
For more information email Dave at - Whitefish@redeyeskiclub.org
Whitefish trip UPDATE (Sept. 11th) - The July 10th Amtrak deadline for the group rail package has passed. With over 40 people signed up for this trip we easily met all of the minimum number requirements. Until our lodging inventory is depleted, we will continue to offer the heavily discounted "Lift & Lodging" package which includes everything from the "Base Package" EXCEPT the train, at a price of just $519. You can purchase your own Amtrak arrangements online at "Amtrak.com". If you're interested, please contact me at Whitefish@redeyeskiclub.org so that I can confirm lodging space is available for you, and help you purchase the correct train or plane tickets.
Red Eye Ski & Snowboard Club
Trip Insurance. What is it? Do I need it?
Your ski vacation is a significant investment. Like many things in life, sometimes things can, and do, go wrong. To reduce the financial risks asociatated with vacation travel, there are companies that offer "Trip Insurance". This type of insurance covers unanticipated expenses related to trip cancellations, delays, accidents requiring medical care, etc... The coverage usually costs about 5 or 6% of the total trip.
The Red Eye Ski and Snowboard Club does not sell trip insurance as part of their group trips, but we urge each participant to consider the value of insurance coverage as it pertains to each trip and the unique risks associated with that trip. For instance - those of you going on the Banff trip might need to consider the potential gaps in your regular medical insurance for accidents and illnesses that occur while traveling outside of the United States. Those going to Snowmass might consider the slightly higher potential for weather related travel delays with the Chicago connection and the flight to the smaller airport at Aspen.
Trip insurance is an individual decision, and the transaction is strictly between you and the insurance provider. Please click on the link below to view one insurance provider's current plan offering.
Lutsen Weekend Feb. 23rd-25th
The dates for the Lutsen Weekend trip have been set and there
is a great informational brochure available by clicking this "link".
Indianhead U.P. Weekend (T.B.A.)
Trip information for the "Indianhead / U.P." weekend trip will be
coming to this website soon!
Jan. 20th - 27th
Base Package starts at $1,259 and includes -
* Round Trip air MSP - Denver on Southwest Airlines with 2 free checked bags..
* 7 nights lodging at Aspen Ridge Condos. (quad occupancy)
* 5 of 6 day lift pass good at Keystone, Breckenridge, Arapahoe Basin, Vail, and Beaver Creek.
* All transfers (E.C. - MSP and Denver - Keystone
* $50 Mountain Money voucher
Available OPTIONS -
- Keystone Lodge & Spa hotel ($140 pp double occupancy)
- 6th day lift pass ($40)
For more information email Fred or Mark at - email@example.com